Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Leaves #3

Upon close inspection I've decided that the majority of my recent leaf imagery inventory fails to meet my standards for publication, largely due to sharpness/focusing issues.

Two factors come into play here: inadequate depth-of-field (due to the fact that these large organic canvasses most often occupy far three-dimensional space than may be apparent), and movement -- even wafts of breezes barely perceptible are enough to generate significant and unwanted undulations of these finely laced veins, particularly when the scene is under considerable magnification as they are in my oeuvre.

Nonetheless, for the sake of further Photoshop experimentation I offer up a new vision for you, this one modestly cropped from the original and adjusted for sharpness using the Smart Focus filter. Taken October 9, 2008, in my condominium complex courtyard; I encourage any and all comments . . .

(c)2008 James W. Murray, all rights reserved.
(Click on the image to see full sized version.)

No comments:

Post a Comment