Saturday, May 9, 2009

Seeing 2009 (#19)

Yes, it is quite late (or, early); got up at 1.00am with excess energy.

For the past two days I've had the urge to grab my camera when leaving for work in the morning. Both times I talked myself out of it, and twice I've regretted these lazy decisions, especially today: some fascinating mists emanated from City Hall's fountains during my lunch time stroll.

This entry is from a spontaneous meandering through my condominium complex on a deeply overcast, wintry day last October. Simple, with deliberately shallow depth of field in order to both minimize background distractions and to accentuate the sense of floating.

A reminder of life's grace and vibrancy even when the atmosphere is stormy and foreboding.

Rose #1341

(c)2009 James W. Murray, all rights reserved.

(click image for larger version)

Details: October 31, 2008; Canon 20D; f/6.3 @ 1/200 sec; -2/3 EV; ISO 400; 72mm.
__________

No comments:

Post a Comment