Friday, August 7, 2009

Seeing 2009 (#55)

I've been blessed to visit Washington, D.C., several times -- most often in the off-season when few tourists were present to compete for space in the multitude of wonderful museums. Twice I went along as a companion for my wife; on both of those trips she had week-long daytime work commitments while I happened to be between jobs. Consequently I had entire days to wander around at will, and relished the vast variety of photographic subjects.

Certainly every object of note in that city has served its turn in front of untold numbers of camera lenses. The challenge then - as is my favorite approach in any case - is to divine fresh or unusual perspectives.


Washington Monument, #3173

(c)2009 James W. Murray, all rights reserved.

(click image for larger version)

Details: May 29, 2008; Canon 20D; f/10 @ 1/200 sec; -1/3 EV; ISO 100; 17mm.
__________

No comments:

Post a Comment