Sunday, September 27, 2009

Seeing 2009 (#78)

After a spending a few days under the weather, a pair of delayed offerings in this post. 

The first, a scene from Chez Murriqeuz, the residence of my brother and his wife.  Heavy on form and perspective, this image carries a significant personal emotional tone for me:  the case has passed down from my father to my brother, and the instrument within sings sweet memories from my childhood of my dad's gentle serenades, and now produces amazing new chords from the wisdom of my beloved brother's artistry.

The second submission is a continuation of my fascination with Platonic form and shadow.  An asymmetric balance is produced from the interplay and apposition of physical objects and their abstracted projections; the otherwise supportive rope ominously hints at a noose, suggesting an inherent duality of potentials.  An alternative title could be A Short Trip, as the wall's proximity will make for an abrupt stop to the swing.



A Case Study in Musical Geometry, #7130

(c)2009 James W. Murray, all rights reserved.

(click image for larger version)

Details: April 30, 2006; Canon 20D; f/4.5 @ 1/15 sec; -2/3 EV; ISO 800; 34mm.

__________
 
 

Untitled, #4149

(c)2009 James W. Murray, all rights reserved.

(click image for larger version)

Details: July 31, 2009; Canon 20D; f/11 @ 1/400 sec; -2/3 EV; ISO 200; 40mm.

__________
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Excellent color in 4752 and 4149. And wonderful to hear the personal significance of the guitar case. I always love reflection (literal) in photos! You continue to inspire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Tina; I appreciate your kind words and willingness to critique my work.

    ReplyDelete