Monday, October 5, 2009

Seeingn 2009 (#81)

This past weekend my wife Julianna and I trekked up to Lake County and rode our bicycles in the Konacti Challenge.

Julianna's goal was 100 miles; she breezed through 65 before heading off the route for a soft landing at my parents' home. As for me: not being nearly as fit as my bride, combined with having a mountain bike (vs. a touring model), I was convinced that the 30 mile option was in my best interest . . . and that proved to be a challenge indeed, not helped by having taken two wrong turns (adding two massive climbs and about 10 extra miles) and running into 15-20 m.p.h head-winds over the last three . . . agonizing . . . miles . . . Ahh, but we survived with a sense of mutual accomplishment.

This submission provides related but dramatically different images taken at the shore of Clear Lake, just before the peddling, perspiration, persistence and pain began. For those of you who take the time to view these offerings, I'd be interested in your preference, and the reasons for your choice.

* * *

Boat and Dock, Lakeport shore of Clear Lake , #4785

(c)2009 James W. Murray, all rights reserved.

(click image for larger version)

Details: October 3, 2009 ; Canon 20D; f/11 @ 1/1000 sec; -2/3 EV; ISO 400; 25mm.

__________




Untitled , #4775

(c)2009 James W. Murray, all rights reserved.

(click image for larger version)

Details: October 3, 2009 ; Canon 20D; f/11 @ 1/1000 sec; -2/3 EV; ISO 400; 18mm.

__________


3 comments:

  1. My preference is for the first photo; it offers an invitation to sail right into the lake and beyond or within. The second, altho a great photo, provides only an abrupt jumping off point into who knows what....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the second photo for the same reasons as Tina, I like the "jumping off into who knows what" aspect, which is actually contrary to my Libran nature. I like the perceived excitement of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TinaPete and itsmecissy: thank you both for your comments, and combined they validate my intentions for this posting, that being to illustrate how modifications to a scene's depiction can significantly influence the viewers' emotional responses . . . (and how one person's excitement is another's sense of unpalatable risk).

    ReplyDelete