Friday, February 26, 2010

Seeing 2010 (#27)

I've long loved extreme closeup photography; while a senior in high school I earned money photographing ceramic art work which enabled me to buy a macro for my Minolta XE-7 film camera.

It's been seven or eight years since I abandoned my entrenched adherence to traditional film photography for the digital universe . . . thus after several years of coveting -- and thanks to birthday gift funding assistance, today I treated myself to the purchase of a sparkling new Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro EF lens.

I spent the afternoon today -- which was cold, extremely windy and prone to unpredictable and frequent downpours -- at home becoming acquainted with my new favorite tool; the first series of experiments were devoted to a burning incense stick and the various patterns of smoke flowing heavenward from its ember tip.

For your consideration then: a modest study of a quiet scene of grace and tranquility (and yet another example of the Principle of Impermanence).


(Serenely) Incensed, #6353

© 2010 James W. Murray, all rights reserved.

(click image for larger version)

Details: February 26, 2010; Canon 20D; f/11 @ 1 13 sec; ±0 EV; ISO 400; 100mm.

__________



No comments:

Post a Comment