Sunday, April 25, 2010

Seeing 2010 (#57)

For your consideration: a study of subtleties in form, texture and hue.

The dwindling reservoir of remaining days with unfettered access to my current, cherished work venue is the source of premeditated nostalgia. Accordingly I've been taking what moments I've been able to find in order to roam the inner sanctums of the building, soaking up imagery while I can.

This photograph is an extreme macro taken in one of my favorite spots, a quiet, deeply removed corridor in what passes as the library's equivalent to the National Archives. Nestled betwixt the Vaults and the back offices of the Beethoven Center is a small window space, upon the sill of which sit several potted plants, an infinitesimally small portion of the 470,000 square foot structure.

This tiny composition has occupied my attention for several months . . . a particularly challenging scene to record due to the delicacy of the petal detail, subdued lighting conditions and very little depth-of-field with which to work. I was especially attracted to the flowing, graceful edges and the spare coloring amidst a sea of white.



Stem and White Blossom, #7401

© 2010 James W. Murray, all rights reserved.

(click image for larger version)

Details: April 22, 2010; Canon 20D; f/8 @ 1/800 sec; ±0 EV; ISO 200; 1 00mm.

__________


No comments:

Post a Comment