Monday, May 17, 2010

Seeing 2010 (#69)

For your consideration: two men who agreed to pose for me this weekend, both patiently.

The location is the St. Francis Retreat Center in the foothills above San Juan Bautista, easily my favorite place on planet Earth. The occasion was an annual retreat; I had thirty good friends as companions. Having spent considerable time here (many visits over the past eighteen or so years) I've photographed the grounds extensively. Naturally I took my camera gear along this time, yet I when returned home and tallied my efforts I was surprised to discover that I took 215 photographs since late Friday afternoon . . . all of them with my 100mm Macro lens.

The this study came to me rather spontaneously: I had been taking close-ups of the saint when Bill greeted me warmly and walked past . . . the playful possibilities inherent in a juxtaposition of the heads were immediately apparent to me, so I asked him (Bill) if he'd be willing to serve as a subject. He was agreeable; Francis raised no objections.



Saint Francis and Bill, #7903

© 2010 James W. Murray, all rights reserved.

(click image for larger version)

Details: May 15, 2010; Canon 20D; f/4.5 @ 1/2000 sec; -1/3 EV; ISO 200; 100mm.

__________




No comments:

Post a Comment