Friday, January 14, 2011

Seeing 2011 (#9)

For your consideration: portraits of friend and family.

Vernon is a close friend careful and considerate in speech and deliberate in thought.

He is one of those who cheerfully sacrificed personal time playing the role of "practice student", offering me constructive criticism as I rehearsed a class for my work last fall. His feedback was quite helpful; even more so because of his intensely personal connection to the subject matter: creating and formatting documents so as to be as accessible as possible to the visually impaired.

Vernon lives with a condition which is gradually robbing him of the ability to see --- which makes his enthusiastic interest in photography (pursued with zest) all the more remarkable, and inspiring.

* * * *

My cherished brother Eric (not normally shy) once sought my counsel on how to let a particular woman know of his romantic inclinations towards her. Indeed it was the only time he ever sought my dubious knowledge on such an intimate subject. I have no idea to what degree he followed any suggestions I offered, but his pursuit turned out well: he ended up marrying the lass, much to the delight of my entire family. Sharon brings a sharp wit, keenly inquisitive mind, and significant artistic talents of her own to our clan.

I was well-pleased and honored when she recently agreed to my request to take a few spontaneous portrait shots, all the more so as she initially demurred due to not feeling quite up to par . . . Couldn't tell, from the piercing and confident result.

~~~~~~~


Visionary Vernon, #2925

© 2011 James W. Murray, all rights reserved.

(click image for larger version)

Details: December 11, 2010; Canon 20D; f/5 @ 1/125 sec; —1/3 EV; ISO 400; 100mm.

________



Sharon Murriguez, #3377

© 2011 James W. Murray, all rights reserved.

(click image for larger version)

Details: January 9, 2011; Canon 20D; f/5.6 @ 1/100 sec; ±0 EV; ISO 400; 100mm.

________


No comments:

Post a Comment