Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Seeing 2011 (#16)

For your consideration: a scene perfectly mirroring where I'd most like to be, and what I'd most like to be doing, in my golden years. (Who am I kidding? Even this year.)

I was able to take this photograph without intruding upon the patron's privacy and serenity due to the luxurious reach of my newly acquired "long" telephoto lens.

I am enthusiastic about the prospect of being able to make many more candid, anonymous observations such as this one due the power of this new tool; it is already significantly altering the scope of my vision for potential subjects.

(Even so, these potentially broader horizons are unlikely to unseat my primary affection for macro abstractions.)



Reader, #3898

© 2011 James W. Murray, all rights reserved.

(click image for larger version)

Details: January 21 , 2011; Canon 20D; f/5 @ 1/400 sec; ±0 EV; ISO 400; 272 mm.

________

No comments:

Post a Comment