Thursday, February 17, 2011

Seeing 2011 (#25)

For your consideration: the end of a particularly impressive display of storm clouds majestically gliding across the city's sky throughout the entire day.

I spied this just as I squeezing myself into my car, whilst parked on the 3rd floor of SJSU's parking garage at 4th Street & San Carlos. Lighting such as this is relatively rare locally, and any photographer knows the glow and quality of such radiant lighting is brief in duration . . . thus I had to position myself quite quickly in order to even have a chance on capturing the drama I saw.

The avian pair was a lovely and fortunate addition, providing a vital compositional anchor point. I especially like the arch of the treetops' symmetry with the crowning edges of the far background clouds. The neatly placed channels of open sky beneath the superior clouds further strengthen the arrangement, enhancing the spindly silhouettes.



Untitled, #4870

© 2011 James W. Murray, all rights reserved.

(click image for larger version)

Details: February 16, 2011; Canon 20D; f/9 @ 1/800 sec; —1/3 EV; ISO 200; 331mm.

________

No comments:

Post a Comment