Thursday, November 10, 2011

Seeing 2011 (#166)

For your consideration: a rare session of voluntary and even enjoyed, agreeable posing for the camera on the part of my wife yielded this unusual study in angular composition, lighting, and a deliberate disregard for sacrosanct portraiture rules.

The occasion was our private, affectionate getaway for our sixth anniversary; we stayed at a hotel directly on the beach of Monterey Bay, took in a wonderful exhibit of Edward Weston photography, indulged in good food and naps . . . and had a sweet, tender time together.

I have known and deeply loved this amazing woman for a decade and more, and she continues to demonstrate a wonderful approach to living life which I relish. To think: one night, seemingly forever past, I took her to dinner to seek advice about a disintegrating, hellish relationship I'd been enduring . . . it was during that meal that I found myself wondering, "Why can't I have a woman like her?"

Ah, sometimes dreams come true.



Julianna in Seaside, #1959-7D

© 2011 James W. Murray, all rights reserved.

(click image for larger version)

Details: September 21, 2011; Canon 7D; f/3.2 @ 1/332 sec; — 1/3 EV; ISO 800; Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 @ 11mm

________

Visit my full photographic repository at jwmurray.smugmug.com

No comments:

Post a Comment