Friday, April 6, 2012

Seeing 2012 (#48)

For your consideration: while I am quite skeptical of so-called close encounters of the third kind (at least when it comes to tales of actual abduction), I do nonetheless absolutely believe that the universe simply must be broadly populated with many forms of sentient life. Whether or not our species will ever meet up with it, or even recognize such creatures as actual living beings, is of course another question.

Still, I did recently run across this enlightened form . . .


Lamp Alien, #5736-7D

© 2012 James W. Murray, all rights reserved.

(click image for larger version)

Details: March 3, 2012; Canon 7D; f/11 @ 1/83 sec; —2/3 EV; ISO 500;
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM

_____________



Visit my full photographic repository at jwmurray.smugmug.com

1 comment:

  1. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... some will see it as parachute, some like alien kind of thing... all I see the contrast of colors.. the bright lamp and comparatively dull background... but all together something that asks your eyes to stop and appreciate it... For this.. I really appreciate your power of observation...

    ReplyDelete