Monday, December 31, 2012

Seeing 2012 (#101)

For your consideration:  a celebratory image presented on the eve of a celebration.

'Tis been a dozen years now since I was smitten by a uniquely dynamic, intelligent and beautiful woman, a spark ignited ironically over a meal in which I sought a female perspective on matters of the heart.  At some quite specific moment during that therapeutic repast a clarifying thought erupted in my consciousness:  why can't I have a woman like her?

Tomorrow, provided of course that the Mayan apocalyptic verdict remains voided, I anticipate congregating with several good friends with whom I'll usher in the New Year.  I must confess, I still  remain amazed that first (in my heart) among the gathered will still be this vivacious, vibrant vision — my muse, my love, my wife Julianna.

We've shared quite a byzantine journey during our time together; as with any meaningful, deeply connected relationship periods of turbulence, discontent, and conflict have made their appearance on the stage.  Yet within the arc of our intimate shared path we've also been blessed with bountiful, nurturing experiences of comfort, tenderness, wisdom, compassion and encouragement.  Even today, revelations and mutual growth continues.

I owe more to this woman for an ascending quality of my life than I can properly enunciate.  Among the countless blessings she's given me has been her unceasing, unwavering support and affirmation of my art. Indeed, Julianna gave me my first digital camera (a Canon G2), a gesture of love which reignited a slumbering, dormant creative flame which has since flourished and continuously grown, beyond dreams, without flagging.  This this blog, my exhibits, and my passion and self-confidence in the photographic arena are all direct results and manifestations of Julianna's vision (and consequent patience!).

It is, indeed, a wondrous grace to watch yet another year draw to a close with Jules by my side.

Je t'aime, ma cherie.  Toujours.


Julianna and James, #0807-7D

© 2012 James W. Murray, all rights reserved.

(click image for larger version)

Details:  November 16, 2012; Canon 7D; f/10 @ 1/160 sec; ± 0 EV; ISO 800;
 Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS @ 61mm

__________

No comments:

Post a Comment