Friday, January 11, 2013

Seeing 2013 (#3)

For your consideration:   a Christmas Day evening portrait of a dear friend, taken moments before he was to head off for a lengthly drive back to his Nevada home under the lash of a winter storm.  (Better he than me!)

I've known Mr O'Brien for quite a few years now;  I've always found him to be serious thinker also possessed of a quick wit and engaging socially.  We've shared quite a journey on a mutual spiritual path; his candor and persistence are solid, invaluable characteristics which continue to impress me; he is capable of deep insights and more than a few men have benefited from his wise counsel.

Here he agreed to pose for me, such that I might practice a bit of flash techniques I'd just learned; my primary purpose were was to capture a serious man confronting stormy times (and standing tall throughout all).  This was taken well after sundown, under the last remaining, quickly evaporating light of dusk.


(C) 2012 James W. Murray Photography; all rights reserved.

Jim O'Brien, Christmas Eve Day, Dusk, #149-7D; 


© 2013 James W. Murray, all rights reserved.

(click image for larger version)

Details: December 25, 2012, Canon 7D; f/5.6 @ 1/30 sec; ±0 EV; ISO 500;
Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4.5-5.0 IS @ 30mm

________


Visit my full photographic repository at jwmurray.smugmug.com



No comments:

Post a Comment