Thursday, February 28, 2013

Seeing 2013 (#14)

For your consideration:

Last weekend I attended a Men's Retreat, one held annually at this time of year by a particular group of close friends and acquaintances.  As usual (and inevitably), it was powerful, moving and sublime.

This edition, however, provided a potent dose of enlightenment arising out of an experience entirely absent from the planned agenda:  a sacred and essentially extemporaneous communion with, and by way of, a Healing Through Poetry group also assembled on the Center's grounds.

Perhaps a third of my peers decided to participate in this courageous, cathartic and creative sharing; the enunciated verses were truly the profound essence which is the language of the heart.

As was the case for all but one of my friends present, I wrote and then spoke my first ever "public" reading.

I humbly offer my maiden poetic voyage herein, framed by two images:  one taken long before the notion of such an event was in my consciousness, the other in direct response to the opening of The Door.

§  §  §  §  §


Quadrivium, #0035-7D

© 2013 James W. Murray, all rights reserved.

(click image for larger version)

Details: February 21, 2011, Canon 7D; f/6.3 @ 1/500 sec; ±0 EV; ISO 200;
Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM @ 100mm

________

All I Want is a Window

All I want is a window
that I might be seen anew

All I want is a window
that I may have space for my soul to pass through

All I want is a window
that the Sun may bathe my heart

All I want is a window
that I may encompass, and not be apart

All I want is a window
that I might taste a myriad of weather

All I want is a window
that I may expand, free from weight and tether

All I want is a window
that I may witness and experience Enlightenment

All I want is a window
through which I may see

All I want is a window: so we might unite, you and me.

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷


All I want is a Window, #2280-7D

© 2013 James W. Murray, all rights reserved.

(click image for larger version)

Details: February 24, 2013, Canon 7D; f/8 @ 1/1000 sec; —1 EV; ISO 400;
Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM @ 76mm

________


Visit my full photographic repository at jwmurray.smugmug.com

No comments:

Post a Comment