Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Insomnolently Thick

My love is away -- America's Gateway. Meanwhile recovery from the 4.00am SFO dropoff remains an abstract notion; between busyness and nocturnal nuttiness I've not managed more than 3 hours of sleep since Monday morning's 45 minute nap. It is making for an interesting experience, rather reminiscent of my post-landing lizard-brain functioning after a non-stop flight I took (c. 1998) from Amsterdam to Hong Kong, entombed in a middle seat, coach section thank you very much.

My lack of access to any heavy machinery to operate at this time is a good thing for us all.

In between sentences here I am lapping up the last of an exquisite roasted duck curry; leftovers having steeped in the refrig since last Thursday's dinner at Thai Pepper. Washed down with some icy root beer, seems quite close to haute cuisine to me.

Majority of the day passed with yours truly toiling in the mines of web-based job listings. Makes the notion of a endoscopy somehow more appealing. Breakfast with one good friend, and lunch with two others, made for at least a brush with the Universes Outside. And now I'm going to venture out one last time for a weekly gathering I attend . . . let's hope the streets are cleared in advance of my sleep-driving journey. (In Curry I Trust.)

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment