Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Seeing 2009 (#1)

Too late, too tired and too cold to offer much tonight . . .

As 2009 commenced I made a quiet personal commitment to devote considerably more time and energy to the pursuit of my photography. (This is not to be confused with nor construed as an infamous New Year's Resolution.) This decision arose one day in late December or early Januray when a deeply uncomfortable - even painful-- sense enveloped me that I've criminally neglected my art for most of the past thirty years . . .

While I've applied quite of bit of energy to creating images over the course of the past few recent years (say, since c. 2003, thanks in no small part to the loving encouragement, generosity and support of my wife Julianna), still I've far too often squandered time on utterly meaningless distractions and pursuits.

Over the course of the past few months I've taken perhaps 700 images, a few of which have real potential (there are a few of which I'm especially delighted), many are mundane and not a few bear witness to those "what was I thinking?" moments.

In any even it is my intent to devote much of the rest of this journal towards sharing selected images not all of which are posted to my website (www.jwmurray.net). Unlike on my site, here I'll share some of my feelings about specific images, how they came to be, and anything else of remote relevance. And of course I'd love to read some comments on these offerings as well.

As I started out noting: this evening it is far too late (more to the point: I'm nearly exhausted), so I will post an image taken just this afternoon, but with these two caveats: (1) it is not one of my best efforts, and (2) I simply lack the energy too comment on it this evening. Perhaps tomorrow.

So, withtout further ado, here's Pyramid Wall, San Jose, 2009:


Pyramid Wall, San Jose, 2009

Bonsoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment