Friday, June 19, 2009

Seeing 2009 (#34)

Continuing the run-up to Father's Day, 2009 . . .

My father's birthday is May 29th, thus generally on the Memorial Day weekend. Last year my wife Julianna and I visited my parents' home for the holiday/birthday fĂȘte. On such occasions my father engages in one of his favorite activities, cooking meat on a charcoal grill . . .

This image, taken well into the dusk of the day, caught him in the midst of relishing a conversation (another of his favorite pastimes) during a momentary pause from tending the fire. His face is filled with interest and enthusiasm for the topic at hand, and is one of my favorite expressions of him.

Taken from the deck above him, this photograph features an unusual perspective, which I find interesting.


James Houston Murray, May 24, 2008

(c)2009 James W. Murray, all rights reserved.

(click image for larger version)

Details: May 24, 2008; Canon 20D; f/5.6 @ 1/80 sec; -1 EV; ISO 400; 85mm.
__________

No comments:

Post a Comment