Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Seeing 2009 (#83)

October has arrived, thus my annual pilgrimage to the foothills above San Juan Bautista, this year my 18th sojourn. As will always be the case, the gathering arrived right on schedule: my soul craved the respite and healing inherent in these holy grounds.

For just the second time over the course of these many visits circumstances prevented me from traveling and rooming with Nino; this year however I was unexpectedly able to have Jerry as my companion. Jerry and I share many common interests, among them being nocturnal photography and the occasional, when-away-from-home cigar indulgence.

Thus this image. Although not apparent, Jerry is sitting in a precariously balanced plastic chair at the very edge of an overlook which falls away to a rural valley. The thirty second exposure time, taken at 11:22 p.m., reveals the glow of Hollister seeping over hills in the distant east.



Jerry Lighting A Cigar At Serenity Point, #4922

(c)2009 James W. Murray, all rights reserved.

(click image for larger version)

Details: October 10, 2009 ; Canon 20D; f/9 @ 30 secs; -1/3 EV; ISO 400; 28mm.

__________


1 comment: