Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Seeing 2010 (#24)

Finally, my sister makes her (long overdue) debut on this site . . . I've had the great fun of taking innumerable shots of Ami throughout her life, but (as is true for all of my family members) precious few seem to find their way to the public arena.

Of all those who've permitted the intrusion of my camera, Ami has been the most fun to photograph: she's an unfailingly willing, enthusiastic and playful poser, quite happy to participate in spontaneous constructions whether serious, mysterious, aloof or, as in this case, droll.

The scene here is the deck of our parents' home in rural Lake County. It was just moments past sunset on Thanksgiving weekend; the lighting was quickly fading and robbed the setting of some of the contrast I would've preferred. Still, the composition turned out quite nicely; I included more overhead space than might be typical to allow a greater sense of depth to the perspective, which also yields a subtle hint that the statue might indeed be floating just off my surprised sibling's shoulder . . . We were in the woods, after all, where odd events transpire from time to time.


Ami and Nymph, #5631

© 2010 James W. Murray, all rights reserved.

(click image for larger version)

Details: November 26, 2009; Canon 20D; f/11 @ 1/100 sec; -2/3 EV; ISO 400; 49mm.

__________

No comments:

Post a Comment