Saturday, September 4, 2010

Seeing 2010 (#127)

For your consideration: intimations of a star chamber, perhaps.

When I was a child growing up in Arizona I endlessly marveled at the roiling, searing, fiery ball of the Sun at it set behind the Tucson Mountains. I often fell asleep taking comfort in the sharply-defined mental image I nurtured of the Sun resting in the secret cave to which it retired after each day's journey across the sky.

I never quite worked out how it slipped out of its den in order to reappear in the eastern horizon the following mornings, without its escape being noticed ahead of time . . .



(Son/Sun), #0760

© 2010 James W. Murray, all rights reserved.

(click image for larger version)

Details: August 28, 2010; Canon 20D; f/4.5 @ 1/2500; —2/3 EV; ISO 400; 100mm.

__________

3 comments:

  1. This is a cool photo. What is it, and how did you take it?

    --Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a cool photo. What is it, and how did you get it to look like the sun? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can vision life even within the smallest particle of matter !!! If we want we can find the 'light' anywhere, we just need the vision to find it ....Very abstract, nice colors and a beautiful message conveyed !!!....On this note a small poem by Dawn Michelle:
    "See that golden hue
    Burning in the west
    My dreams are with that color
    My dreams are the sun
    The sun always sets
    But never seems to rise
    That sun carries my dreams
    Slowly out of my reach
    I watch it slide away
    Leaving me behind
    The color disappears
    My dreams are with that sun
    Whenever the sun sets
    It rises in another place
    A place blessed by that light
    My dreams are hidden in that light
    At my window seat
    I watch the sun take it all away
    My dreams are with the sun
    My dreams are the sun "

    ReplyDelete