Friday, December 31, 2010

Seeing 2010 (#171)

For your consideration: after a year of continuing the explore the wandering, usually extemporaneous, personally endlessly surprising variety of my photographic attentions and intentions -- two final images -- culled as bookends from January 1, 2010 - December 31, 2010.

During this chapter of my artist's journey roughly 6,860 impressions were recorded by my Canon 20D's shutter. This paired offering can hardly capture the breadth of subjects I deeply enjoyed exploring, in places as diverse as the Sonora Desert of my beloved Arizona to the quirky scenes of Alviso (CA), from the serene and bucolic settings of Spirit Rock to the cosmopolitan cacophony of San Francisco. Sunrises, sunsets, rain, high noon and nocturnal excursions . . . candid shots of friends and family, abstracts organic and not, and a rediscovered love of an immersion in the minutia of macro studies and tableaux . . .

This year of 2010 was easily the most prolific (or better or worse!) of my thirty-six year love affair with the proceses and creations of the photographic millieu. I am deeply, deeply grateful to the many who've made this year's journey expecially enriching, including (but certainly not limted to) my wife Julianna, Jerry Berkstresser, Vernon Brock, Micah Jeffries, my father (who always poses without complaint), my siblings who are gracious enough to accept prints from me as birthday/Christmas gifts and even display them in thier homes and offices; friends at work (who posed, granted me access to facilities, and willingly subjected themselves to many viewings of my blog and smugmug site), my cousin Gene McGill who kindly lent me a vechicle which allowed me a precious early morning visit to my Holy of Holies, the Rock in my desert refuge . . . and all of those who've walked this path with me not only this year but in all those before it.

Whatever accomplishments I've attained here, and whatever pleasures, questions, intrigue, and emotional reactions my imagery has evoked are the result of an untold myriad of suggestions, inspirations and unconscious creation from the entirety of my life's journey's collaborators, both intimately known and forever anonymous. To all of you: peace and thanks.

I can't wait to see what the universe unveils in the 8760 hours of 2011 . . .

* * *


Block Wall & Rock, #5995

© 2010 James W. Murray, all rights reserved.

(click image for larger version)

Details: January 1 , 2010; Canon 20D; f/11 @ 8 secs; —1 EV; ISO 100; 24mm.

________



Luna Sleeps Away The Year, #3186

© 2010 James W. Murray, all rights reserved.

(click image for larger version)

Details: December 31, 2010; Canon 20D; f/4.6 @ 3/5 secs; ±0 EV; ISO 400; 100mm.

________

1 comment:

  1. Excellent. Good catch of the juxtaposition for the elements.

    Micah

    ReplyDelete